A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for improving and optimizing safety and manufacturing operations by improving the reliability/availability of process equipment. The Reliability Engineer will be expected to lead the Maintenance Technicians in the use of industrial reliability practices, incorporating new practices and technologies as applicable. This position will support and facilitate development and application of maintenance best practices through close collaboration with the Production and Maintenance departments; as well, as external benchmarking of industry best practices.
- Increase overall plant equipment uptime, productivity, throughput, safety, and profitability through implementing a Reliability Program.
- Utilize high level troubleshooting skills to analyze, repair, and eliminate reoccurrence of critical equipment and systems issues.
- Plant-wide responsibility to justify, prioritize, and schedule the most critical and high impact reliability opportunities through a team-based approach receiving input from primary stakeholders
- Improve proactive/reactive maintenance ratio through analyzing appropriate PM, PdM, and Corrective Maintenance systems to alleviate breakdown maintenance.
- Organize, develop, and improve Preventive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance programs utilizing, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why Analysis, FMEA, RCA, RCCM, Criticality Assessments, and other appropriate reliability techniques.
- Develop and manage predictive maintenance/condition-based monitoring program, to include establishing CBM routes & baseline data, implementing the use of PdM/CBM measurement tools, assessing training needs, developing/implementing training, and defining program KPI''s.
- Lead/Coach/Train/Grow Reliability Technicians with Condition Monitoring Techniques and data collection, in addition to the entire maintenance staff with proper Precision Maintenance, Lubrication Basics, and other pertinent Reliability Basics to reduce Infant Mortality and wear.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- 5 plus years of maintenance/engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in using data analysis techniques, Key Performance Indicators generation, and reporting
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and programming equipment troubleshooting skills
- Computer efficiency with Excel, Access, Outlook and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Associates in Technical Field or bachelor’s in engineering degree
- Previous Reliability Engineering experience and Certified Maintenance and Reliability Practice