Research & Development Co-op (Fall 2021)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electrolux is fully committed to delivering the best possible experience for each cooperative education student and provide them the necessary tools to learn and grow in their chosen field. At Electrolux, we provide a “best in class” cooperative educational experience for all student co-ops and we are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will gain the confidence and knowledge to begin their engineering career and work to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities
- Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace
- Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux with the opportunity to either stay within their assigned business function or explore other teams within R&D
Electrolux provides an engaging and hands-on learning environment where students can take what they are learning in the classroom and apply it to the “real world”. You will have the opportunity to gain technical and professional skills needed to work either in a corporate office or in a manufacturing plant. The goal of the program is to build our talent pipeline and equip talented individuals with the right skills needed for the future.
- Understand Electrolux’s purpose, operations, organizational structure and different business functions
- Exposure to service and sales calls and assist in trial builds on the assembly line
- Gain an understanding and assist in the work of various labs including but not limited to: Field Test, Internally, Electronics Lab, Reliability Lab, Refrigeration Lab, Chemical Lab, Material Lab, Foam Lab, Transportation Lab and the Model Shop
- Gain knowledge and training in the following functions: Tolerance Stack, Plastics Design Fundamentals, Design for Manufacturing, Assembly, Safety, etc., Systems, WOWs (Work Orders), ECNs (Engineering Changes), EPM Gate (Project Tracking), DVR (Validation Testing)and PPAP (Production Part Approval)
- Prioritize tasks to complete projects before scheduled completion date and present results and projects to team members and leadership team
- Assist in trial builds on the assembly line
- Assigned a specific project based on interest and skills
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year university or college
- Must be enrolled in your school’s co-op program
- Must be at least a sophomore
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Foundational understanding of design software (CAD)
- Must be able to complete all three rotational semesters
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA