Research & Development Engineering Co-Op (Summer 2021)
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives.
That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the
world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every
product and every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
For nearly 100 years, Electrolux has sought out to change the world for the better. We’ve strived at our company to improve gender equality and provide revolutionizing home solutions, all the while saving you countless hours on chores – giving you more room for the things you love. All of this starting with a single vacuum sales, we’ve now grown into a global leader in home and professional appliances.
CO-OP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Electrolux is fully committed to delivering the best possible experience for each cooperative education student and provide them the necessary tools to learn and grow in their chosen field. Our co-op program will provide young talent the opportunity to gain technical and professional skills to begin their careers. At Electrolux, we provide a “best in class” cooperative educational experience for all student co-ops.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities
- Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace
- Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand Electrolux’s purpose and operations
- Exposure to service and sales calls
- Gain an understanding and assist in the work of various labs including: Field Test, Internally, Electronics Lab, Reliability Lab, Refrigeration Lab, Chemical Lab, Material Lab, Foam Lab, Transportation Lab, Model Shop
- Training in the following functions: Tolerance Stack, Plastics Design Fundamentals, Design for Manufacturing, Assembly, Safety, etc., Systems, WOWs (Work Orders), ECNs (Engineering Changes), EPM Gate (Project Tracking), DVR (Validation Testing), PPAP (Production Part Approval)
- Assist in trial builds on the assembly line
- Assigned a specific project based on interest and skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year university or college
- Must be enrolled in your school’s co-op program
- Must be at least a sophomore
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree
- Must be able to complete all three rotational semesters
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA