A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be. The RDC Reverse Logistics Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to
supervise the day-to-day activities of the Customer Returns department within
the RDC. You will be responsible to
ensure the Company’s Customer Returns processing objectives are consistently
met and be responsible to address infrastructure issues associated with the
operation, as well as ensuring full compliance with all safety, quality and
housekeeping policies and standards. You will enforce all company policies and
procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment and
ensure all daily Customer Returns, Re-Carton, Scratch & Dent and Scrap
units are processed in a timely manner. You will address all
infrastructure/equipment issues which include, but is not limited to, facility
maintenance, racking, fork trucks/material handling equipment, computer
systems, WMS and RF devices and network.
- Ensure all new associates receive the necessary safety and procedural training before being assigned to RDC activities and ensure that training for new or revised procedures is done in a timely manner and is documented correctly.
- Read and analyze KPI and production tools to monitor facility performance and make adjustment as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Supervise team and provide training and coaching to improve performance and act as the primary resource to address employee related tasks/issues.
- Administer the annual performance review process. Maintain employee moral through active listening, conflict resolution and by using effective leadership skills.
- Develop cross-functional team and provide direction to optimize efficiencies and work to drive and implement lean principles for the demand flow process.
- Manage expenses to result in compliance with fiscal period budget and maintain inventory accuracy and shipping quality goals.
- Manage all carrier related issues as well as the process to dispose of expired or damaged products.
- Develops and implements plans to address issues within the RDC using root cause analysis.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years RDC and/or Distribution experience.
- 2-3 years Reverse Logistics / Customers Returns experience.
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving and shipping activities.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, and WMS preferred.