Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. The position reports to the Accounting Supervisor/ Manager, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
The Accountant is responsible for:
Maintain overall responsibility for the general ledgers and perform month-end closing responsibilities for ledgers/reporting entities assigned, including the following:
- Preparation and posting of journal entries. Ensure appropriate documentation is attached and transaction is appropriate. Implement process improvements to (1) standardize journal entry formats within the group, (2) review routine journal entries to determine which can be automated or made prior to month end close, (3) consolidate or eliminate entries so as to minimize the number of journal entries.
- Preparation of account reconciliations. Ensure that all required reconciliations are completed by the established deadline. Recognize inappropriate balances and transactions with follow-up and resolution. Ensure proper reconciliation processes are followed and implement process improvement to standardize reconciliation formats.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and submission to Group Accounting in Stockholm. Review financial statements prior to submission to provide assurance that reporting is done in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Perform financial analysis during close including review and explanation of large variances.
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure that ledgers are in balance and accounts are properly coded.
- Determine proper revenue recognition & implement accrual accounting for customer accounts based on contract language.
- Monitor spending by cost center through periodic preparation of actual vs. budget comparison as requested
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting activities comply with the Electrolux Accounting Manual
- Maintain process documentation and follow internal control procedures to ensure compliance
- Work with external auditors on hard close and yearend financial audits
- Compile federal and state tax information for the tax department annually
- Complete special projects as assigned by Manager
- Expectant, positive, proactive attitude with “can do” spirit
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry or public accounting required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Advanced MS Excel required
- SAP experience a plus
The successful candidate must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment, and must be able to work across functional boundaries. The ideal candidate will also possess a proactive work ethic including the ability and desire to take ownership of projects when identified. The candidate will have to be able to adjust to changing priorities and schedule hours, to adapt to the business needs. We are seeking a long-term promotable candidate who will quickly obtain the skills and experience necessary to take upon additional responsibilities.