Reverse Logistics, Field Specialist
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Reverse Logistics Field Specialist will be responsible for leading the returns program within our regional distribution centers. This position serves as the subject matter expert for product handling and will use experience and knowledge to provide continuous training to internal and external customers. The Reverse Logistics Field Specialist will also be responsible for driving process improvement and standardization and leading damage and scrap reduction initiatives. This position will be travel intensive, requiring regular visits to regional distribution centers, trucking terminals, and customer locations. The purpose of this role is to reduce costs associated with handling damage and improve customer service through education and personal engagement on returns and handling issues.
- Responsible for delivering Reverse Logistics KPIs: damage, inventory, scrap, and cycle time reduction.
- Coordinate and manage travel schedules to regularly visit regional distribution centers, customer locations, etc. as needed, either as part of a routine audit or as follow-up to issues with damaged or returned product.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships across regional distribution centers and business partners.
- Serve as second-level escalation for regional distribution centers and partner with regional distribution centers on damage, inventory, and scrap reduction initiatives.
- Review monthly performance dashboards on operations and audit observations.
- Lead damage reduction initiatives with external and internal customers.
- Collaborate with Quality teams on packaging design and opportunities for improvements.
- Provide quarterly training to regional distribution centers.
- Identify, evaluate, and execute opportunities to drive process improvements and review guidelines, processes, and policies to drive standardization, efficiency, and simplification.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- EMS Green Gear Certification (or equivalent), preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a supply chain role/function.
- Ability to travel 75%.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of customer service and internal/external stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve through utilizing critical thinking and data analytics.