Reverse Logistics, Senior Business Analyst
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Reverse Logistics Sr Business Analyst will play a key part in driving operational excellence, developing process improvements, and delivering successful business results. The focus of this position is to work closely with the key stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of customer's business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. This position is responsible for the returned goods and claims processing portal which includes supporting our internal and external customers in successful implementations, on-going support, platform enhancements, and consistent reporting. The analyst will be responsible for developing process documentation including controls and reporting, as well as, coordinating initiatives across key stakeholders including Supply Chain, Finance, Ownership Solutions, IT, and Sales.
- Develops plan and holds self and team accountable for delivering results.
- Serve as subject matter (business and technical) expert for customer-facing returns portal, while supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs.
- Identify and execute cost reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining ACE projects for Reverse Logistics and for digital transformation of Reverse Logistics reporting.
- Collaborate with sales to recommend and execute improvements to reduce claims.
- Lead training for administrative claim processing to ensure accuracy and standardization.
- Collaborate with Sales, Ownership Solutions, and IT to integrate all claims systems.
- Identify and lead reviews with sales on customer policy adherence and claim rate reduction.
- Review guidelines, processes, and policies to drive standardization, efficiency, and simplification.
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others on damage reduction opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- Strong analytical skills with basic understanding of statistics and supply chain processes.
- Experience working on or leading successful large-scale projects.
- Three years of experience with data analysis and proven results.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office tools, advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is required.