REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Risk Adjuster is responsible for all aspects of adjusting general liability and products liability claims from start to conclusion in multi-state and multi-nation jurisdictions. This position reports directly to the Manager, Casualty Claims.
- Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, and resolution of general liability and product liability claims involving property damage.
- Ensures claim files are appropriately documented and claim coding is accurate in the claim handling software.
- Sets and maintains adequate claim reserves based on facts of case.
- Perform technical reviews of appraisals and property damage estimates.
- Prepares and presents verbal and written claim status reports.
- Effectively manages loss cost and claim expenses with thorough review of invoices, receipts, and other submitted documentation.
- Evaluates and pays claims within designated authority.
- Recommends payment, in excess of authority, to team lead.
- Able to determine Subrogation potential and shares trends and root causes with Subrogation SME and Claims Management.
- Participates in presentations and training programs as assigned.
- Secure and Maintain a NC Adjuster License as well as yearly CE Credits.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 plus years’ experience in products liability and/or claims experience (general liability, bodily injury, or homeowner/property claims). Must have experience handling minor to catastrophic fire losses.
- Insurance licenses a plus; will be required to obtain NC Adjuster License.
- Professional insurance designation a plus. (CPCU, AIC, ARM, SCLA, etc.).
- Proficient using various claims software and programs (STARS, ISO, Xactimate) is a plus and comfortable working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to coordinate investigative and defense efforts with general counsel and outside counsel.
- Work on and lead project teams within the department.
- Ability to understand technical analysis and reports from electrical, mechanical, quality, and safety engineers.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claims handling and works within settlement authority.