Risk Adjuster Property SME
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Risk Adjuster Property Subject Matter Expert is responsible for all aspects of adjusting product liability and general liability claims from start to conclusion in multi-state and multi-nation jurisdictions. The Risk Adjuster Property SME acts as an expert in the adjudication of fire and water claims, trains other adjusters, identifies potential subrogation avenues, maintains a high level of technical claims knowledge, and always radiates professionalism and integrity.
- Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, and resolution of mild to the most complex level exposure general liability and product liability claims involving property damage.
- Has expert knowledge of property claims with focus on fire and water losses. Additionally, able to effectively guide other risk adjusters in the understanding of such.
- Takes lead on all complex and litigated Fire Claims.
- Assigned Builders Claims (Last Mile) along with Property Examiner.
- Leads training in Property Claims. Provides training outlines and programs to Management Approval.
- Pursues on-going and relevant training to position.
- Expert in estimate writing, training, and auditing of estimates with use of Xactimate and other estimating tools.
- Able to determine Subrogation potential and shares trends and root causes with Subrogation SME.
- Ensures claim files are appropriately documented and claim coding is accurate in the claim handling software.
- Sets and maintains adequate claim reserves based on facts of case.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years’ experience in products liability and/or claims experience (general liability, bodily injury, or homeowner/property claims). Must have experience handling minor to catastrophic fire losses.
- Insurance licenses a plus; will be required to obtain NC Adjuster License within 30 days of hire.
- Professional insurance designation a plus. (CPCU, AIC, ARM, SCLA, etc.).
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational skills, and operates with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient using various claims software and programs (STARS, Clearsight, ISO, Xactimate) is a plus and comfortable working in a paperless environment.