Robotics | Innovation Engineer
Innovation Engineer in Robotics, with background in Computer Vision or Machine Learning
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We offer a position as innovation engineer, focused on computer vision and/or machine learning, in our advanced development team for robotic vacuum cleaners.
You will be part of a cross-disciplinary team with specialists in mechanics, electronics, software and robotics algorithms. We offer a high degree of freedom in our daily work, to make room for creativity and a healthy work-life balance. It’s also a unique chance to work with robotics in a way that affects the everyday lives of hundreds of thousands of consumers. We have already designed the Pure i9 series of robotic vacuum cleaners completely in-house, and the team now leverages that experience to defend our position in this growing global market.
This is a full-time position, based in Stockholm in a modern office setting in our multinational and diverse headquarters.
Your main responsibility will be to drive technical investigations of concepts and products with 3-5 years to commercial launch. Other parts of the job:
- To contribute to the learning culture within the global Electrolux R&D organization, by
- Spreading knowledge of robotics in general, and computer vision or machine learning in particular.
- To participate in scientific projects together with other companies and academia.
- To generate patent applications and monitor the patent activities of competitors.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys the multi-disciplinary nature of robotics and is willing to learn about mechanics, electronics and the vacuum cleaning product segment. We also want you to be curious to meet consumers and try to understand their needs, sometimes even before they articulate them.
We hope that you are willing to contribute to our team culture of open communication and learning together from our mistakes, which are a natural part of the job when we explore projects with high technical risk.
- Solid background in computer vision and/or machine learning (At the level of a post-graduate degree or >5 years of work experience.)
- Solid communication skills in English
- Experience in searching for solutions in the academic literature
- Programming experience, preferably in C/C++ or Python
- Experience of the Robot Operating System
- Experience of working with patents
- Research experience from an academic environment
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.