Safety Lab Engineer
Cerreto D'Esi, Italy
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preparation site in Cerreto d’Esi (AN), immersed in parks and natural reserves, just two hours distance from Rome by train and one hour from the seaside. Here we are establishing the hood main competence center and you will interact with different functions of the organization such as R&D, Quality, Production, Supply Chain and Maintenance, with the common goal to create the hood of tomorrow shaping living for the better.
Shaping living for the better starts here. Our R&D teams work around the world and at the heart of Electrolux to live and breathe our purpose. With transformation our driving force, the opportunities for change are unlimited. Just like your potential.
We are looking for a smart, creative and open mindset who would drive the certification of our product focusing on mechanical and electrical safety. The person will provide a key support to the internal and external stakeholders, for the development and approval of new appliances or components, according to dedicated and/or standard requirements.
Your main tasks:
· Be responsible of test execution of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) providing improvement proposals
· Proper maintenance of test equipment according to ISO 9001 and ISO 17025
· Ensure alignment on test methodologies with external authority labs
· Create / modify safety test method specification
· Propose design change avoid over-engineering: design for higher safe product
· Participate in concept development
· Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
· Min. 2 years of experience in the field is appreciated
· Proven experience in a testing and evaluation facility (home appliances or similar business is preferred)
· Knowledge of authority approval: EN, IEC, UL standards and environmental rules
· Practical problem-solving skills with a strong sense of applied engineering both mechanical and electrical
· Relevant experience working with electric / electronic systems available for laboratory purpose
· Ability to make mechanical and electrical modifications to test samples or appliances; fault finding; understanding of electrical wiring and circuit diagrams.
· Languages: English and Italian – fluent level
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive and motivating environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a such global company, every day we can experience a warm and a very welcome place to work.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.#BF1