Sales and Operations Planning Intern (Spring 2021)
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) intern program gives a unique introduction to Ownership Solutions and allows you to participate in the fast-paced world of the aftermarket appliance industry. This program will involve you in the problem-solving opportunities as well as the continuous improvement mindset of the company. Participation will allow you to learn day to day S&OP activities within an operations environment and gain knowledge through special projects.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas procurement and anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path. This internship will provide support for the business and the distribution center while encouraging learning participation through hands on experience under guidance or input from others.
- Responsible for performing tasks using S&OP applications and procedures in an office environment.
- Assisting S&OP staff with various project duties where specific assignments and project work will vary
- Assist in supporting various S&OP activities; placing purchase orders, preparing inventory reports, working cross functionally on key open projects.
- Assist in supporting the transition of product lines to new facilities
- Support department via quoting requests
- Collaborate with most functional business areas and business processes and perform miscellaneous duties as requested by Sr. Manager
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program; Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes (understanding of SAP preferred)
- Familiarity with supply chain (T&W, lead-times, inventory, cost inputs, etc.)