Sales Director, LOWE’S
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
As a leader of the Electrolux Sales and Merchandising Team for the Lowes Home Improvement Account, you will be responsible for all sales and merchandising activities affiliated with this account in addition to coordination of all marketing and operational activities in support thereof. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of the selling, merchandising, marketing, and operations activities associated with this account with the overall corporate strategies for each of these functions. You will be main point of contact for this account internally and externally and oversee the attainment of all corporate goals for this account, including but not limited to volume, forecast, and profit/loss. You will make market visits as necessary and work to develop and foster a collaborative, rewarding team atmosphere across all channel functions. You will be working with the Merchandising Team to assure successful implementation of Electrolux/Lowes line review/tech review strategies in accordance with organizational goals and objectives and with the Product Line/Innovation Team to develop sound processes leading to a robust innovation and generation plan in support of the Lowes channel.
- Strategic leadership and development of the Electrolux/Lowes Sales and Merchandising Team providing timely and accurate implementation of all Lowes sales and merchandising initiatives
- Creation of overall pricing strategies and oversee implementation of such in conjunction with the individual Merchandising Directors by category
- Accurate unit volume, revenue, and financial forecasting, tracking, and communication for the channel
- Participation in all internal groups and committees as assigned to ensure appropriate levels of coordination across functions and provide leadership in support of the Lowes sales channel
- Develop and deliver presentations in support of all key initiatives, both internally and externally and work with National Account Operations Team to insure proper execution of all initiatives
- Travel as necessary to attend all internal and external meetings, seminars, and product councils in support of the Lowes Sales Channel
- Utilize and provide leadership to the National Accounts Field Sales team to assure accurate and timely implementation of all training and projects
- Ensure data integrity is maintained on items including, but not limited to, pricing, VSI, CTS, and item set-up and maintain profit/loss responsibility for the channel including attainment of all corporate and sales goals as set forth by management
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Business Administration or Marketing)
- MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of sales, merchandising or marketing experience, preferably with 3-5 years in national accounts
- Prior managerial experience
- Competency in MS Office applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in financial analysis