Sales Manager International Markets
To manage Distributor, Project and Licensing Sales Team for IM (except Hong Kong and Taiwan) sales and marketing activities carried out with business partners to ensure sales targets are achieved.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Manage strategic business plans & budgets with Distributors in the various Asian markets, for both the European & American brands sold by Distributor Sales Asia, with the objective to grow sales, to improve business profitability and sustainability, while creating larger Brand awareness & good Brand image towards Consumers in each market
• Manage the definition/planning of new product ranges sourced from Group factories and/or from external OEM Suppliers, in order to provide each market with products suitable for the local Consumers demand and matching the local Standard technical requirements/certifications
• Execute and coordinate sourcing activities of appliances from external OEM Suppliers in order to ensure sourced OEM products are aligned to the Electrolux standards in terms of design, branding, quality, performance and pricing.
• Meet external OEM Suppliers and ensure products to be sourced compliment and complete the ranges from Electrolux Group factories. Ensure products are aligned and compliant with Electrolux design and quality guidelines as well as with International quality standards.
• Co-ordinate and approve price lists to Distributors ensuring they are aligned to budget targets in terms of turnover and profitability.
• Interface with Supply Chain/AP in order to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of products to customers to maximize customer satisfaction towards Electrolux company organization.
• Negotiate, co-ordinate and plan with Distributors yearly Brand-building and Promotional marketing plans, define and approve relevant Spending budgets to ensure return in terms of both Brand image and consequential Sales growth.
• Plan and supervise training activities for the Distributors, both commercial and technical, ensuring Distributors’ Sales and Marketing teams are always updated on product specifications and consumer benefits of the Electrolux appliances they sell. Also ensure Distributors’ Technical and Service teams are aware and trained on Electrolux products including technical specs and are able to provide the highest level of Customer Service and After-sale Service.
• Ensure communication, feedback and follow-up from/to Distributors/markets are on-going and productive by means of periodical visits to Distributors/markets. Ensure provision of information from these visits to ensure professional planning of Electrolux presence in each market.• Manage & supervise (as Project Leader) the feasibility study and preparation, negotiation and implementation of new Industrial Co-operation Projects with industrial/commercial Partners/Licensees to whom, under the coverage of Technology and Manufacturing License Agreements (TECLA), there would be: 1) transfer of technology; 2) erection of factories and/or production/assembly lines; 3) installation of production machinery and tooling; 4) supply of Technical Assistance and Technical Services during the factories erection and; 5) supply of Training services to Licensee's personnel, before/during/after production start-up.
• Manage and supervise the preparation, negotiation and final signature by Management of TECLA Agreement/s covering all Project activities, as well as of eventual Distributor Agreement/s and of Trademark Licensing Agreement/s, to be issued in connection with TECLA Agreement/s or separately
• Follow-up with the Customer for all steps of project execution including visits and meetings in the Customer premises and to the market. Visits should be with the Technical Manager of our Engineering Department, as well as R&D (as required), with Suppliers of manufacturing machinery and equipment, with external Engineering companies selected for project completion and with all other entities called to co-operate for the project completion.
• Manage opening of new distributors in new and existing territories.
• Expand licensing agreements in East Asia.
- University degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent education
- At least 10 years’ experience in sales and marketing management within durable goods industry (domestic and/or commercial appliances/equipment), preferably matured in Europe and/or Asia
- Experience in developing surrounding markets of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and preferably SW Asia
- Strong technical background in areas such as quality, manufacturing, industrial engineering would add value for the position coverage
- Strong leadership & communication & negotiation skills
- Commercially focused with a strong record of delivering sales targets
- Strategic planning capability
- Strong ability in defining objectives and monitoring progress.
- Multi-cultural understanding, respect of culture diversities and ability to tailor communication between multi-cultural teams
- Travel is a requirement of this role
- Strong command of the English language, written and verbal, is essential for this role.