Sales & Marketing Purchasing Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
This position is responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level on various assigned indirect material and service category strategies and initiatives. This position provides purchasing expertise and support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Business Area in the global category meetings
- Support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area
- Develops and implements sourcing activities
- Determines the best in class PTP process for the various sub-categories
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Prepares and leads fact based negotiation and supplier selection
- Reviews supplier agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues
- Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective actions
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Assists in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department in order to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Participates in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the establishment of long term agreements.
Defines and leads cross-functional sourcing teams:
- Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team
Manage relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects:
- Within the framework of the cross-functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders
Develop and manage relationship / partnership with suppliers and track their performance:
- Define and implement supplier performance evaluation model
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier performance evaluation model
- Resolve supplier performance issues
- Lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost
- Initiate supplier audits
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
Align with local stakeholders in order to implement contract and ensure contract compliance:
- Define and implement contract framework
- Track key performance indicators regarding contract compliance
- Create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability
- Develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements
- Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers, including agreeing and tracking SLAs & KPIs.
- Frequent and relevant Reporting of supplier initiatives within travel trends and improvement potential within travel and budget tracking
- Frequent and relevant Communication with stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business, or other related field, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required, experience in Marketing & Sales is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven Track record of delivering significant cost reductions
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration)
- Strong knowledge of indirect materials commodities: Marketing & Sales
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Some travel will be required (up to 20%)