Sales Operations Manager
Mascot, New South Wales
You will work closely with the Sales Director and sales leadership team to establish & drive execution of the overall AU sales plan.
Your role will see you analysing and monitoring internal processes and implementing changes to improve operational efficiency.
To align each of the businesses within sales to company metrics around Commercial agenda, High Ambition categories and CTF. While ensuring the strategy has a focused-on market share growth opportunity.
Identify best practices within our sales business and leveraging for scale and consistency across the broader sales business.
Working with IT, you will maintain a consistent business wide sales CRM tool by monitoring current practices and delivering enhancements needed by the sales management team.
Supporting Sales Leaders in delivery of the people strategy within Sales, including succession and development and implementation and embedding of the sales competency framework.
A Typical Day
You will work closely with EHP internal business units, including ECIP, logistics and demand planning, IT, Finance and HR, in order to identify ways to simplify and streamline our processes.
You will lead and contribute to ECIP projects, provide subject expertise and assisting in implementation of recommendations.
Coach sales leaders in effective utilisation of our sales tools: JDE, Cognos, SAP in order to generate business and customer insights.
Work with the National Sales Leaders and State Sales Managers in order to replicate practices from other parts of the business, to increase efficiency in our execution model and leveraging of internal support and resources from other departments.
Liaise with relevant parties (State Sales Manager, Trade Marketing, Customer Marketing) providing recommendations and rolling out national aligned processes to ensure best in class in-store execution.
Monitor sales methods, key customer strategies and arrangements and make suggestions for improvement to the Head of Retail Sales, Head of Key Accounts and. National Sales Manager Commercial.
Work in conjunction with the National Sales Training to monitor and improve CRM data quality and user behaviour.
Leverage the Sales Competency Framework, embedding within the sales organization, measuring competency at individual and team level, and working with Sales Managers to identify ways of raising capability.
Work with Sales Leaders to understand the business requirements and responsibilities of the sales team, identify gaps and support identified employees through coaching, mentoring and professional development.
Working with Sales Leaders and HR to review talent, career pathways and succession plans for sales employees, and linking to professional development planning to maximise use of internal talent pool to fulfill resourcing needs (align with 70:20:10 learning model).
Who You Are
• Influential - You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
• Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Self-motivated - You are driven to succeed and focused on driving results for the business.
• Resilient - You seek out the opportunities and set about realising them with a customer first mind-set.
• Customer focused - You understand and empathise with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
• Experience – You have had demonstrated experience in Sales Management roles.
• A strategic thinker - You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
• Negotiator - You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
• At least ten years’ experience in the white goods industry, with a thorough understanding of the business, channels to market, customer and consumer.
• At least five years’ experience in a sales management role, coaching and delivering teams to deliver upon sales agenda.