Sales Tax Analyst
To support the Electrolux North America sales/use and property tax team activities including monthly compliance, account reconciliations, and seasonal property tax filings involving U.S state and local and Canada. Provide support in minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through assisting in preparing analysis, work papers, schedules, tax returns, audit defense, and research. The position is located at the Electrolux North America headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position requires the ability to collaborate with various internal functional areas including within the Tax Department itself, coordinating with external service providers and working in a process and team environment.
- Collect, review, analyze and process financial information used to support sales/use and property tax analysis including:
- Prepare supporting data and work papers to support tax reporting of sales/use and property tax filings.
- Prepare sales/use and property tax returns and file electronically and/or paper returns. Prepare payment requests for electronic and manual check processing.
- Assist in the business personal property tax compliance which includes preparation of returns using PTMS and the processing of tax bills.
- Assisting in compliance and audits and examinations by various tax authorities.
- Work directly with Electrolux internal and external contacts, including other functional areas to ensure that the appropriate information is gathered.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they are able to provide advice to business and services units.
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities in technical tax areas including compliance to facilitate streamlining and automation for efficiency
- Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions and minimize Electrolux tax risks.
- Possible areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data input, analysis and processing information into sales/use and property tax system, reconciliation to general ledger and compliance systems; enhancing and improving current data gathering and analysis techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in sales/use.
- Business personal property experience a plus but not required
- Personal computer skills including strong ability to use Excel
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strengths in personal accountability, initiative, and leadership
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload
- Vertex experience a plus
- Minimal travel - plant visits and Canadian tax audits.