Security Manager APAC MEA
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
The Information Security Operations role is responsible for implementing and monitoring the Information Security strategy of the Group in the Business Area.
A Typical Day
- Coordinates the technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to the Information Security Steering Committee
- Partners with stakeholders within the Business Area to understand and responding to security audit failures reported by auditors
- Ensure risks and threats are managed through taking ownership of security incidents in the BA through to resolution and raise these to Group Information Security and Control
- Serve as an active and consistent participant in the information security governance process.
- Participate in the Information Security Steerco to define & report on metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program.
- Provide support for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support and end user awareness training.
WHO YOU ARE
- Execution focus and history of IT delivery
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- A credible talking partner with key stakeholders across IT and business to translate security strategy and actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions
- Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
- Recommended 5-10 years of IT experience, especially in an information security role
- A bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience; an M.B.A. or M.S. in information security is preferred
- Certification from CISSP, CISM or equivalent