Senior Accountant - Inventory
The Senior Accountant - Inventory will ensure accurate and complete transactional processing in accordance with company policy. Primary responsibilities include the accounting and internal reporting for all balance sheet and P&L accounts pertaining to inventory. This individual will be the subject matter expert for all systems used and will prepare various reports and analysis for management and business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Consolidated North America Sector Inventory reporting
- Performs all assigned month-end duties and reporting schedules
- Produces various monthly /quarterly/annual reports that account for the company’s investment in inventory
- Evaluates the reasonableness of established inventory reserves
- Provides guidance and or resolution of reconciling items
- Participates in system process and development projects
- Participates in periodic physical inventory counts at all factory and distribution centers.
- Investigation of count variances
- Monitors Internal Controls are adhered to related to inventory
- Provides support to the Accounting Manager by assisting other functions within the group as needed.
- Manages and improves the monthly financial closing process
- Prepares analysis to support management initiatives and audit requests
- Responsible for effectiveness of internal controls for closing routine process and other general accounting processes including maintenance of risk and control scorecards.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports and statements including internal reports for global consolidations as well as reports for Sector management.
- Work directly with both internal and external auditors on financial audits.
- Participate in special projects as requested by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA designation is a plus
- 5 years experience in industry or public accounting required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Advanced MS Excel required
- JD Edwards and SQL experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, accounting, planning
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective in motivating to achieve top performance.
- Prior experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation desired.
- Previous exposure to International Accounting Standards (IAS
),and proficiency of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards.
- Superior data management and analysis skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products, data warehouse queries, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects when identified.
- Strong business aptitude, including having an outward perspective regarding how financial results are communicated and analyzed by internal audiences.
- Effective problem solver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven work environment.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong business partnering to obtain information required for financial reporting and disclosures.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experiences JD Edwards, Cognos, SAP, Oracle
- Continuous improvement experience. Aggressive attitude and “can do” spirit to drive change