Senior Application Developer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Working within a core team, the SR. Application Developer responsible
for analyzing, specifying, developing, testing, and documenting computer
programs and other software components based on technical specifications and in
line with approved organization standards.
The role also assists with troubleshooting, problem solving and issue resolution relating to existing applications.
- Build or customize programs (objects) or other software components as required, based on detailed technical specifications, and incorporating approved design and programming standards.
- Conduct unit and system testing for all development work.
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation relating to development work, in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ensure all development work is conducted in compliance with established change control procedures.
- Assist with troubleshooting, problem solving and issue resolution tasks.
- Ensure all development tasks are conducted and completed in cooperation with other technical and functional IT staff team members.
- Maintain continuous interaction and relationships with the business process owners.
- Assist in analyzing business requirements and presenting proposed solutions.
- Maintain an up-to date knowledge of current technical developments in area of expertise.
- Deputize for other team members where required and appropriate.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or IT related degree is preferred).
- Five (5) years of experience in application development, testing and implementation.
- Programming language knowledge,
- RPG/400, RPGILE, CLP.
- Experienced with RDBMS – DB2.
- Programming utilities:PDM, SQL, DFU, SDA, Query, SEU and MKS.
- IBM OS400 operating system experience.
- Proven manufacturing business process experience.
- Demonstrable analytical ability.
- Good verbal, written and visual communication ability.
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical manner.
- Experience reporting issues, status and estimates to peers and management.
- Experience with warehouse management systems such as DC Wizard and Varsity Logistics.
- Experience supporting a multi-application integrated environment.