Senior Buyer (temporary)
Purchasing & Sourcing
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
And we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be a part of the Global IT Procurement & Vendor Management team within Global IT organization and report to the head of the unit. This role will have responsibility to drive IT sourcing initiatives and develop strategic vendor relationship for the Electrolux Group.
The position includes building close relationship with stakeholders, both in the sectors and the global units, to understand the demand and to find the best solution for the sector or the group. The position includes building relationship with suppliers in order to understand their capabilities and fit towards our demand.
A regular day of work
- Engage with stakeholders for RFI, RFP, RFQ and evaluation processes including contract negotiations with IT suppliers.
- Contribute to define supplier strategy and be responsible for our vendor governance model
- Define best practice in regard to supplier relations, create and communicate guidelines, implement new ways of working and further develop the Vendor Management and Procurement framework
- Lead and support commercial activities throughout the supplier lifecycle within IT in close cooperation with service management and business stakeholders
- Continually review IT contracts to identify consolidation opportunities and synergy effects.
- Act as escalation point for commercial issues pertaining to vendor management.
- Bring knowledge of vendor’s leadership structure, financial situation, strategic direction, roadmap and general performance.
- Have overview of existing and potential new business opportunities for selected suppliers / vendors.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who you are
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electronics/Electrical Engineering OR Economics);
- Hands on experience of Software, Outsourcing, Services and Telecom agreements;
- Working knowledge of all legal aspects of contract management;
- Proven track record in delivering services with quality and savings through effective purchasing techniques;
- Proven ability to work across national and functional boundaries to achieve the best result;
- Experience at managing sourcing at a TCO level;
- Experience of developing and implementing effective procurement processes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application;
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.
Please apply with your CV in English.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.
**For this position, a strong candidate was identified. However, if your profile matches the requirements of the position, we encourage your application.