Senior Category Buyer
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Category Buyer will be responsible for coordinating activities involving the procurement of raw material supplies, or components used to manufacture dishwashers at the lowest total system cost. You will drive activities that deliver on assigned end to end supply base simplification and productivity goals as well as process KPIs. In addition to delivering on necessary goals, you will support the commodity managers and act as a liaison between the factory and assigned suppliers. The responsibilities will include general communication/account management, supporting supplier qualification, and supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets). You will also provide purchasing support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed. You will ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity Team and implement the action plans within the PL, granting correct flow from factory into commodity organization and ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information.
- Driving Direct Material Purchasing activity in the factory for the assigned components/service
- Provide input on production needs (e.g. volume increase) and report on possible bottleneck at operative level (e.g. production/tool capacity etc.)
- Ensure proper administration in the factory by maintaining right up-to-date administration: price index management, manage billing discrepancies in cooperation with central accountancy
- Participate and support in build-up of purchasing strategies ensuring their execution and helping to reach and record KPI result
- Developing good relationships with preferred suppliers with performance follow-up: ensure that the suppliers meet set agreements, and drive corrective actions when necessary
- Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers
- Continuously analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement while effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or related field, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant, progressive responsibility in a business function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings, preferred
- Experience in project management, supplier processes, quality, purchasing and cost drivers with a proven track record of delivering significant cost reductions
- Experience and extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment, with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes.
- Experience in supplier market and strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration
- Knowledge of material flow, process with experience in tracking record of procurement in a manufacturing environment