Senior Category Buyer
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position is a part of the Industrial Operations Purchasing team working closely with Materials, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Quality. In addition, there is a close working relationship with Global Purchasing on strategic sourcing and supplier management.
- Driving Direct Material Purchasing activity in the factory for the assigned components/service.
- Collaborate with the Global Commodity Team to identify, quantify, and implement value creation projects.
- Provide input on production requirements and variation to suppliers.
- Ensure proper cost, accounting, and supplier administration accuracy.
- Support strategic supplier relationship management for local, regional, and global suppliers.
- Ensure execution of sourcing / resourcing activities and related tasks.
- Participate and support in the creation and execution of long-term purchasing strategies.
- Price index management and managing billing discrepancies in cooperation with central accountancy.
- Coordinate new suppliers, parts, and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality, and external suppliers.
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify cost optimization opportunities; lead cross-functionally and remotely.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You are all about big ideas and working to bring them to life.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding and utilization of engineering drawings.
- Experience in Injection Molding, processes, and tooling.
- Experience in purchasing and/or supply chain and/or quality and with suppliers process and cost drivers.
- Understanding plastics and resins raw material market and pricing indices.
- Material flow process knowledge.
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology and its application and direct materials categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
- Occasional travel will be required.