Senior Category Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Group Purchasing Organization, the Group Category Manager is the one with the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. You are the one responsible to establish and build the relationships with our Suppliers leading the Value Based Sourcing approach, being sure all the departments you cooperate with are aligned with your Purchasing vision.
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving including Supplier Development (automation, quality improvement, productivity increase) and support sourcing decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain
- Managers and key stakeholders (Product Line, Quality, Manufacturing, Design)
- Manage Suppliers Selection and Innovation Prospection
- Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Direct Purchasing, for technical components, with an international exposure is a must
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications