Senior Cloud Server Administrator
The main duty of the Sr. Cloud/Server Administrator position will be leading the provisioning, configuring and maintaining the Electrolux infrastructure in the approved cloud provider solutions. This role will maintain awareness of new products and services within the cloud providers as they are released by the cloud vendors and work with the cloud vendor support to ensure optimal functioning of the Electrolux infrastructure. This role will also provide primary guidance for the on-premise virtualization solution (software and hardware) in cooperation with the team lead and other team members.
This role will additionally support the team
in installation, configuration and maintenance of the
site’s server hardware and software. The
Engineer will also assist with end-user support, primarily break/fix troubleshooting
as needed as well as support other team members with escalation issues.
- Lead projects to Provision, Configure, Install and Maintain cloud based infrastructure in Microsoft Azure and other cloud vendors as appropriate
- Work closely with Server team lead on proposing new solutions and architectures for server environment
- Knowledge in scripting languages to assist in automation projects.
- Maintain awareness of new products and services from cloud vendors
- Make recommendations to team lead and IT Sr. Ops. Mgr for cloud and virtualization technologies and changes to ensure optimal functioning of infrastructure
- Install and configure servers for the local site
- Manage virtual and cloud infrastructure performance to include SaaS and PaaS instances, and both cloud and on-premise IaaS virtualization
- Proposes solutions for escalations on server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources
- Document all processes, including changes, in cloud and on-premise server related infrastructure including virtualization
- Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation & security for the servers at the local site
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities
- Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware & software
- Perform Backup & Recovery procedures
- Lead or participate in infrastructure related projects
- Commit to thorough documentation and knowledge sharing at all times
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Opportunities for Overtime
- Masters Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems (required)
- 5+ years supporting Windows 2012 / 2016 /2019 Servers (Preferred)
- 2+ years Cloud Server Administration in a Professional Environment (Preferred)
- 2+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user computing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Ability to communicate to various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment.
- Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to train
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and
telephone. The employee frequently is
required to walk and sit. The employee
is occasionally required to stand. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and
ability to adjust focus. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office
environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires over 75% communication with internal customers helping them trouble shoot any problems.