Senior Commodity Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
The Senior Commodity Manager is a critical lead member of the Supply Chain team and is positioned at the forefront between our product teams, Manufacturing, Engineering and the supply base supporting our Operations. This position will oversee key supplier development activities and lead the strategic supplier negotiations supporting the Beverage Unit. In this role, the individual is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations to expand our technology and our competitive position while improving product quality and reliability. Supporting both the Louisville Kentucky and Rayong Thailand operations, this position requires an interest in market dynamics and competitive behavior, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop & maintain strategic and sustainable relationships with key suppliers to plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities.
- Establish current and long-term objectives, setting plans for the future, including the development of suppliers to meet our requirements for cost, quality, delivery reliability, new product launch, code of conduct and environmental compliance.
- Understand the tradeoffs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet our performance criteria and secure long-term supply continuity.
- Develop an in-depth understanding
forhis/her commodity (value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence) and apply this knowledge to influence our future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Lead innovation input from suppliers and promote it into our products.
- Develop strong collaboration between key colleagues (Supply Chain, Quality, Sales and Marketing, R&D, Operations etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering
yearspurchasing experience including new supplier development, domestic and international contract negotiations, new product introductions and total cost management in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Demonstrated experience with the use of ERP systems and tools (BAAN, Oracle, JDE, SAP)
- ISM/APICS certification preferred
- Experience with UL/ETL/NSF is a plus, as well as ISO
- Strong ability to read and comprehend prints and specifications
- Strong ability to work in
complex, dynamic and international environment