Senior Compressor Engineer
We are looking for a motivated Mechanical Engineer passionate about thermodynamics, compressor operation and also with a strong attitude as a project leader to be introduced in the Global Compressor Technology team based in Susegana, TV Italy.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Compressor team is in charge of selecting, testing and qualifying reciprocating compressors for household appliances, in cooperation with global suppliers. The candidate will work in an international team, which is leading two laboratories, located in Susegana (Italy) and Hangzhou (China) both dedicated to testing compressors and refrigerators components to be used worldwide in Electrolux factories.
In this role, you will ensure that the compressors and its accessories validation process is followed such that only validated components are installed into essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering, design, purchasing and, mainly, test labs, towards the successful launch of new consumer products.
You will support new EU projects leading the selection of the proper compressor according to product specification, component reliability and supplier strategy.
You will be the interface between compressor team and Architecture Project Leaders contributing on new product development and ensuring the availability of the documentation and samples according to Product Project timeline.
Your duties will include:
• Support the new product development teams with technical expertise on the compressor and his accessories.
• Lead creation, release and maintain EU Compressor/Accessories drawings and approval reports
• Continuous improvement on module qualification and documentation to support new compressor in application qualification
• Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complemented with an innovative and continuous improvement spirit
• qualification processes and tests
• Basic understanding of compressor test method
• Article Acceptance and drawing management
Good communication skills. You will interact with international stakeholders inside and outside of an organization.
Teamwork. You put company goals first.
Flexible. You react positively to change and do not get frustrated facing changing priorities.
Driver. You are systematic, independent and always deliver. When needed you can drive the decision-making process.
Passionate. You love to work with technology and are curious to explore unknown areas.
Analytical. You see the overall picture and can convey complex topics in a short and clear way, delivering PowerPoint presentations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree (Bachelor or Master’s) in Mechanical Engineering
• Min 2-5 years of experience in a relevant R&D field
• Previous experiences in a similar position and knowledge on household reciprocating compressors will be appreciated
• Good competence in thermodynamics
• Catia software skills
• MS office pack
Kindly provide your CV in English.