Senior Controls Engineer (m/f/d)
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Senior Controls Engineer (m/f/d), Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany / Mobile Office
You will define our Global Controls Strategies and Global Controls Specification to guide our Core Technology Teams and Equipment Suppliers. As Senior Controls Engineer (m/f/d) you provide expertise and guidance to project teams during design reviews and equipment installation as it relates to data acquisition and system integration. You will have experience starting up new processes, automation equipment and MES/Scada as well as prioritize and organize own work to deliver to agreed deadlines. Your mission is to develop and execute a plan to deploy our strategies and specification for connectivity, data acquisition and system integration across all Factories.
A TYPICAL DAY
- Guide teams to develop detailed connectivity and system integration plans for manufacturing processes
- Communicate, guide and confirm that equipment builders follow system integration plan
- Acts as IIoT and Equipment Connectivity SME
- Investigate and solve complex problems
- Assist in the review and approval of contractor designs to confirm adherence to specifications
- Support projects and lead activities related to process equipment installation and start-up
WHO YOU ARE
Communicator. You have the ability to lead team discussions and you communicate strategies.
Results-driven. You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
Flexible. You can manage to change priorities with ease and work off hours when required to support projects.
Ambitious. You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
Problem-solving. You aim to fix any issue and develop actionable plans.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Controls)
- 5+ years of experience in working within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in automation, controls and SCADA
- PLC programming (Siemens S7 TIA Portal/Allen Bradley)
- Design and implementation of OPC / OPC UA client and server applications
- Experience in start-up/commissioning of new control and automation systems
- Experience with robotics and automation cells (Kuka/ABB preferred)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.