Senior Cost Accountant
Provide support to cost accounting department by performing daily activities such as charts, reports, monitor expenses by cost center, monitor changes, analyzing cost & efficiency of our process, prepare accruals and enter JE during month close process while ensuring compliance with company policies, legal and statutory. Support during forecast and budget monthly and annual processes and compute variable savings projects on weekly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review of BOM’s and Standards and related reports and support activities :
· Financial support to other departments.
· Comply with ISO 9001 and 14001 requirements related to this position
· Book keeper of ECS and MA&SA regulations at plant level
· Capture any required material accrual for PLA and REF plants due month close periods
· Review & approve PPRF's
· OMV transactions review
· Forecast PPV & OMV
· Forecast Absorption
· OTM Report
· PPV & OMV Final report
· Reviews inventory transactions
· Master report analysis
· Run payroll reports for REF and PLA plants
· Analysis for raw/wip inventory (CARDEX vs ledger)
· INTERNAL/EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate internally between all plant departments cross functionally as well as campus shared services departments, also during finance closing periods is necessary to communicate with several NA plants (due inter-company transactions) including corporate offices; and randomly with vendors to support AP issues or to expedite payments.
- Accounting; Bus Admin. Required;
- Preferred, CPA or CPA equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cost accounting in “maquiladora” setting. Up to 7 years preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
- Skilled in using Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge on costing methods (ABC), as well as manufacturing environment and raw/wip inventory controls systems (FIFO, Kanban) and working knowledge of general ledger
- Strong understanding of inventory control practices tie with costing methodology.
- Basic knowledge in establishment of departmental costing and budgeting activities and routine reporting processes.
- Working knowledge of large enterprise computer system (e.g. JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle)
- Teamwork, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.