Senior Cost Analyst
Provide support to cost accounting department thru perform daily activities such as performance charts, reports, monitor expenses by cost center, monitor changes, analyzing cost & efficiency of our process, prepare accruals and enter JE during month close process while ensuring compliance with company policies, legal and statutory. Support during forecast and budget monthly and annual processes and compute variable savings projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate below reports and support activities :
- Scrap reports (daily, weekly, monthly, per SKU, bay, press)
- Maintain scrap sales records (price and weight validation with or scrap dealer)
- Budget consolidation (REF & PLA plants)
- P&L report by cost center both plants per week
- Tool Crib consumption analysis report
- Reporting (weekly, monthly basis)
- Support for closing activities
- Reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinate communication between requester and AP (with corp. & shared services) for IDM billing issues
- Financial Analysis
- Fixed spending tracking
- ACE variable tracking projects
- Support all activities to drive annual physical inventory or by Quarter (Raw/WIP/Tool crib)
- Managing cost center reporting; explaining variances against budget.
- Financial support to other departments.
- Comply with ISO 9000 and 14000 requirements related to this position
- Comply with ECS and MA&SA regulations
- BBA Finance
- Acctg, Bus Admin. Required;
- Preferred, CPA or CPA equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cost accounting in “maquiladora” setting. Up to 5 years preferred.
- Minimum 95% bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge & experience in using Microsoft office; primarily excel. Advance excel is a plus
- Basic knowledge of costing methods (ABC), as well as manufacturing environment and raw/WIP inventory controls systems (FIFO, Kanban)
- Working knowledge of general ledger.
- Language Skills: 85-95% bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and written)
- Thorough understanding of inventory control practices ties with costing methodology.
- Basic knowledge in establishment of departmental costing and budgeting activities and routine reporting processes.
- Working knowledge of large enterprise computer system (e.g. JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle)
- Teamwork, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Major Finance or Business Administration
- Previous Experience: 3+ years (up to 5 years preferred) of experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment