Senior Costing Engineer
Purchasing & Sourcing
Evolve purchasing and supply. Change the world.
Who You Are
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operation (GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
Within the GSO structure there is an opportunity for the position of Senior Costing Engineer. The candidate is responsible for Product Costing Management. To support management in making key sourcing decisions for project, the candidate should be a strong driving individual with excellent analytical skill to drive robust costing through development, enhancement and maintenance of transparent, predictable and sustainable costing system and process
What a Typical Day
Working in a small and competent team, the candidate is responsible to
• Implement relevant systems, processes and procedures to enhance costing performance and accomplish business goals. Seek feedback for continuous improvement
• Support Costing Manager to build and automate basic costing data structure to support key or ad hoc analysis, cost estimates on new and NVR projects and reports.
• Secure open quotation sheets from suppliers, and apply quantitative analysis in the development the cost/price basing on historical data, technical requirements, macroeconomic developments, supplier specific cost drivers and efficiency plans.
• Align and deliver costing KPIs and enhance reporting mechanism to ensure suppliers’ competitiveness is measured using systematic costing and benchmarking.
• Prepare report on actual and forecasted spend, savings and cost savings opportunities, variance between actual and budget costs to assist management decision making and actions
• Participate sourcing decision making from cost perspective, support to seek proactively cost reduction opportunity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Strong business sense and analytical skills, systematic approach to mass data handling, analysis and interpretation
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
• Solid interpersonal skills and ability to network with different cultures
• Capable to lead project, influence stakeholders to get buy-in, drive initiatives and change
• Strong time management and good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently under pressure and to meet tough deadlines
• Hands on experience in costing or manufacturing engineering preferred, project management or Product Development experience as bonus
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or Project Management is MUST
• At least 5 years professional experience, preferably in an analytical position in a manufacturing environment or in Project management
• Concrete experience on utilizing automated cost models, cost database, cost factors, and/or cost estimating relationships
• Experience in appliance, electronics industry or contract manufacturer is a plus
• Advance proficiency in MS Excel
• Excellent in English and Chinese, both written and oral