Senior Designer, CMF
CREATE MEANINGFUL EXPERIENCES THROUGH COLOUR, MATERIAL AND FINISHES.
As a member of our Wellbeing Design Team, you will contribute to our bigger goal of making a positive impact on people’s everyday lives by creating meaningful experience solutions. We are part of a global team of over 200 designers located in 8 different locations, working across 6 different business units and about 17 Product Lines.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Stockholm, in the Electrolux HQ. You will be part of a global CMF team, with designers located both in Stockholm and Shanghai, where collaboration and alignment towards common goals are important, but at the same time you will have the ability to work independently and be part of evolving the CMF expression within a specific domain.
As Senior CMF Designer for Electrolux, you will creatively inspire, lead and develop world-class CMF design of current and future appliances in Floor Care, Air Care and /or Small Domestic Appliance categories. You will manage the comprehensive delivery of bringing a product to life through the full product development phase: from initial ideas to the implementation. An important part of the work is also to visualize and communicate the design story in an inspiring way to influence relevant internal & external stakeholders.
In this position, you will contribute to bringing multiple products to market, and understand the broader context of your work. You will balance your time between independent delivery in projects and team collaboration towards continuous improvement of the CMF expression and executions.
Your main tasks:
• Manage all CMF deliverables into multiple product development projects.
• Contribute to the creation of CMF strategy for a particular brand/category in close collaboration with the CMF design team.
• Contribute to the development of CMF palette for a particular brand/ category.
• Work closely together with selected suppliers to ensure the implementation of the CMF strategy.
• Create and manage guidelines and templates for CMF, texture and graphic specifications for consistent and smooth implementation in the projects.
• Degree in Industrial Design or other relevant design field
• Professional CMF experience, preferably from an industry leading corporation.
• Solid knowledge in manufacturing processes and keen interest to learn.
• Fluent in relevant 2D and 3D software (Adobe AI/PS/ID, Keyshot etc)
• Strong creative influencing and leadership skills
• Strong drive, learning ability and team work
• Required languages: Fluent English written and spoken
• Willingness to travel and represent the Design Team at manufacturing sites. (when safe from a Covid-perspective)
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Stockholm HQ: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/sweden
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.