Senior Designer, Industrial Design
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In your role as an Industrial Designer for Electrolux you are tasked to create best in class consumer experiences in the areas of Taste, Care and Wellbeing. You will be a contributor for both physical and digital design, considering the user experience in the broadest possible terms.
The Industrial Designer fully understands the problem using a variety of methods and tools, then crafts a solution that is technically feasible, consumer desirable, and financially viable.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that will design the future of Electrolux in products, accessories, consumables, and services.
A Typical Day
While you’ll be working across many functions, product lines and projects, at all stages of a product lifecycle, your brief is always the same: make it better. To do that, you’ll persuade the stakeholders, collaborate with the experts, and create experiences that bring dreams to life every day. It’s a hand on, make it happen role that offers all the freedom you need to bring design to life around the world.
Who You Are:
For you to succeed in this role, you should be:
- Creative - You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation
- Self-starting - With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
- Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Agile You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- Story telling - the concepts you develop are to be driven by consumer driven insights, but most of all must be driven on emotional stories that people can resonate with.
- Adaptable - With several projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Open-minded - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- Collaborative - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
- Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requirement- must upload portfolio with application
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Fine Arts.
- 3-7 years of Industrial Design work experience.
- A proven track record of excellent design performance in previous positions.
- Fluency in English.