Senior Designer, UX Writing
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Turn ideas into reality. Globally.
At Electrolux we have a greater purpose than launching the latest product or technology. We want to improve the everyday lives of millions in a sustainable way. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking for a content designer - who can balance UX writing with managing the translation process - to join us. We are a cross functional, agile development team that make mobile apps for domestic appliances. Historically the appliance industry has been all about hardware. Your role would be to help us combine software with hardware to create meaningful, data driven experiences for global consumers.
A Typical Day
- Write excellent product copy (this includes - but is not limited to - UI microcopy and copy, instructional content, naming conventions, and other elements of the end-to-end user experience)
- Co-ordinate the translation process of your content, including management of external translation agencies
- Administer the translation toolkit
- Work with brand, voice and tone, and style guidance to build engaging experiences for Electrolux digital products and channels
- Build strong relationships with writers and content strategists across the global organization. Working together to ensure the coherence and consistency of all customer journey touchpoints.
- Collaborate with your design, research, product and engineering peers to solve problems for people - where ever they are in the world
Who You Are
- Champion designs and language that internationalize well
- Are experienced with localization and accessibility best practices
- Can articulate your design rational to anyone
- Embrace iterative design process and seeks feedback
- Engages in constructive design critique with designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Use empathy, logic, as well as quantitative data and qualitative insights to evaluate and improve content
- Enjoy the challenges of a Build-Measure-Learn environment
- Are comfortable with organizational ambiguity and change
- Always interacts with integrity and honesty
- 2+ years of experience writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Toolset includes online translation software such as PhraseApp and standard design applications such as Adobe Suite and Zeplin
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- An online portfolio, or PDF, that shows a range of your work