Senior Development Engineer
You will lead product development projects according to CP Deliverables, Ensuring:
- Project timing, investments, cost
- Performance & quality are delivered according to specification.
You will be responsible for the design & development of existing product components
You will be create & validate new components.
You will drive the design of product/module architectures and related technologies in line with the generation plan.
You will validation and release of (mechanical) structural components within time frame, cost target, quality level, and process constrains.
A Typical Day
- Initiate technical Feasibility Study for The Projects with inputs in Business feasibility study.
- Broaden competence in own area; still acquire higher level skills
- Prioritize and organizes own work to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Discuss the manufacturing process for product and component development with PD-ME Team to ensure clear direction and understanding of the desired end result.
- Understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production
- Lead the competitor-technology benchmark activity
- Analyze technical solutions with suppliers, product care and other involved functions
- Ensure that all engineering requirements and modifications are represented on the engineering drawings.
- Preparing and maintaining product files ( DBOM, Drawings , Specs, Test Specs ..) on PLM system
- Supply all technical input for product literature, labels, technical manuals, etc.
- Support the product care team in cost and quality improvement activities.
- Ensure benchmarking of competitors products on: Technical / functional level & Cost Level.
- Mastering robust design tools using (CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFMA, tolerances analysis etc.) to develop 2D, 3D CADs, prototypes.
- Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fit into the platform and subsystem structure.
- Participate and support the Technology Team in TRM Projects.
- Participate in customer focus programs
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge in mechanical component, system development and design.
- Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase.
- Experience in Design for Assembly and Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, molding …).
- Contributes actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas
- Builds productive relationships within and outside of own team
- Good knowledge of mold & die design and manufacturing.
- Experience as technical project leader in mechanics environments.
- Progressive analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Strong team work oriented person with high leadership skills.
- Initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks with long term planning capabilities
- Methodical and accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Advanced CAD, CAE capabilities across variable design platforms (Catia).
- Demonstrate ability in finalizing high quality technical studies/assignments (for Advanced Development).
- Making successful design/redesign and implementation into production components.
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile , Energy and Growth oriented
- B.Sc. In mechanical engineering.
- 3-5 years with at least 2 years in Home appliances
- Experience of Project Management Methodologies (PMP is a Plus)
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Good Knowledge of Product life cycle management and PLM tools
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
- Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
- Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
- Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
- Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
- Attend training that helps you to work safely