Senior Development Engineer
In a project the Senior Development Engineer in the CTV organization is reporting to the Team Leader or Lab Manager in/of the CTV organization The mission of the Senior Development Engineer is to support the Small Appliances organization in the development of new products and maintenance of existing products. This includes creating, evaluating, verifying and improving technical solutions and products.
A Typical Day
The Senior Development Engineer‘s role includes creating innovative, verified technical solutions for new products. As a Senior Development Engineer you need to work in very close cooperation with the PA team (Development Leaders, Senior Development Engineers) and within the team of Technology & Lab. As a Senior Development Engineer your main responsibilities are to:
lDevelop and improve technical solutions for small appliances. Selected solutions must be based on cross-functional input and agreed with the Team Leader or Lab Manager.
lPerform tests according to IEC standards, UL standards, national and internal regulations.
lDesign test set-ups and test verifications to evaluate new and existing solutions in our products.
lCreate technical documentation and make sure that these are updated and available for other functions Report progress, risks and deviation to plans to the Team Leader or Lab Manager of the Technology & Lab team.
lEvaluate test results, identify and report actions needed to fulfill specification Investigate and solve quality problems.
lTo be creative and pro-active in translating knowledge from testing into proposals for improvements. Investigate and solve quality problems.
lReport progress, risks and deviation to plans to the Team Leader or Lab Manager.
lAssure that technically feasible and well-verified and defined solutions are chosen for the product.
Who You Are
Education & Career Experience:
• Bachelor/Associate of Science degree in Mechanical/Electronic Engineering or similar knowledge level
• Average 3~4 years testing experience in similar industry
Technical Skills :
• Understanding of international test standards in own domains
• Basic safety knowledge
• Good knowledge of evaluating/verification or testing
• Products knowledge on SDA
• Testing setup and analysis
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Fluent English skills on both spoken and written
Soft Competencies :
• Working with people
• Pursue Your curiosity, constantly in pursuit of the unknown.
• Applying expertise and technology
• Writing and reporting
• Deliver results and meet customer expectations.
• Coping with pressure and setbacks.
• Learning and researching