Senior Development Engineer
Challenge the way we do engineering. For the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are a strong team of highly skilled engineers who work on most innovative mechanical architecture solutions. Due to the successful growth of the business we are looking for a mechanical engineer passionate about Mechanical Design and product development, who would challenge the way we do engineering and develop complete appliances technical solutions using cutting egde technology.
Join us in our ambition to redesign the future our washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers putting our customer’s experience at the core of our global innovative solutions.
Embrace a diverse international team. Gain exposure to a global R&D major appliances world. Travel internationally… and revolutionize the way we do and improve things for the better!
Senior Development Engineer
To apply technology solutions to develop new products/modules/systems and current product improvements by generation, evaluation, analysis and development of Design concepts.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Create and validate mechanical components / system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
• Drive the execution of mechanical development project/activities
• Develop detailed mechanical design and support test specifications to product level validation
• Create mechanical design options to meet design specifications, manufacturing processes and assembly requirements
• Recommend modifications based on prototype testing to validate parts based on DFMA, DFC, DFQ, …
• Outline designs based on technical specifications and plan for production process implication
• In cooperation with the laboratories, test and evaluate mechanical designs and concepts to meet the specified functionality/features, quality and cost targets
• Develop designs & system and validate through calculation / simulation modelling (CAE, MBD) and prototype/experimental testing
• In line with standardization & modularization guideline participate in system/module/platform/architecture definition and its reviews
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Supply all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• In case of technical team/project leadership:
- direct/supervises the work of other staff members
- organize team to reach target
- lead major project or initiative
- contributes to the development of the functional strategies
- ensure project technical feasibility and system integration
- support project team timing, cost, investment, quality, performance according to project specification and target
- support project leader about technical terms
- support and monitor on project expenses and project financial item
- ensure strong relationship with all functions in the organization
- ensure proper external networking
Key functional competencies:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Project/Program Management
• Analytical thinking
• IT Skills
• Advanced Prototype Building
• Drafting/Designing & Simulation performances
• Operational Performance (Energy)
• Business Acumen (Agility)
• Interpersonal skills (Openness)
• Able to cope with resource-demanding situations (Resilience)
Background and preferred education:
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of experience in similar roles within structured or multinational business
• Team-working experience
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux by watching our videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/electrolux.
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 51,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.