Senior Development Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This person will be responsible for the design &
development of existing mechanical and/or electronic product components and
creation & validation of new components. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering
and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales
towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced
environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line
development tools, state-of-the-art testing, and prototyping facilities. This
position has responsibility over the design, quality, continuous improvement of
current and new products to deliver great consumer experiences. Although it has
no direct reports, it provides direction to many areas of the organization,
including multiple project teams.
- Develop technical solutions of a project through product lifecycle, including scoping, designing from concept to production using Catia V5 software, creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market and post launch value engineering plans.
- Provides support during a project to create the technical product documentation following the Electrolux Project Management process, that are required for project execution, such as technical specifications, test plans (DVR), DFMEA, DFM/DFA, etc.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of product concepts and ideas from customers and marketing into executable product requirements with the goal of improving the product quality, time to market, safety, and cost.
- Ensures the timely preparation and execution of engineering project documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, DVR plans and results, drawings, and specifications).
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.
- Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective contribution in collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical Associate’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Proficient with CAD software, Catia V5 (preferred) or similar. Must be capable to create mechanical components, assemblies, and drawings from concept up to final release.
- Proficiency in designing for automated metal forming (Stamping, roll-forming, etc.), plastic injection molding, thermoforming, and extrusion. Experience developing rigid polyurethane foam structures a plus.
- Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met.
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical structures, including components and systems that are consumer facing to prescribed engineering and aesthetic specifications.
- Demonstrated experience in designing for automated manufacturing, ergonomic considerations, and error proofing.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
- Demonstrated innovation for competitive advantage, through intellectual property submission, publication, and issued patents.
- Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products, putting consumers at the heart of everything you do.
- Communication skills to work collaboratively with key stakeholders areas such as Quality, Manufacturing, Process/Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations.