Senior Development Engineer
SHAPE LIVING FOR THE BETTER
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Being a part of truly global team NA R&D Sourced Products, Senior Developments Engineer performs new product development from concept through production based upon Customer/Marketing directives. Responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies project management principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within budgetary constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the project. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required. Supports OEM/ODM Suppliers in Project Development. Guarantees Cost & Quality targets adhesions.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops cooking product designs from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives.
• Supports OEM/ODM Suppliers in Project development in agreement with Company Process.
• Tracks budgets for projects assigned.
• Chairs design and project reviews as required.
• Develops project schedules to PPAP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
• Plans and approves work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and Home Economics.
• Reviews and approves all agency test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
• Develop & Review CAD drawings as required for assigned projects.
• Prepares and directs preparation of engineering documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications).
• Oversee disposition of first piece PPAP sample approvals.
• Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
• Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information.
• Leads or participates in special function teams and support production as required.
• Flexibility to travel to different locations to support development and manufacturing activities.
• Assists in the establishment of design objectives and execute these designs to meet these objectives.
• Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Product design related experience.
• Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience required
• Demonstrated PC proficiency is required
• Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
• Exposure to UL and CSA requirements for North
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Good verbal and written communications
• Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
• Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
• Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
• Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
• Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
• Collaborative leader and team player
• Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
• Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
• Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, the company will attempt to provide reasonable assistance. Applicants will not be penalized as a result of a request for assistance.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.