Senior Development Engineer
SHAPE LIVING FOR THE BETTER
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, our site nearby Pordenone city. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care. Here we develop Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer for our consumers worldwide.
The Senior Mechanical Development Engineer will be responsible for new projects or current production improvements from the initial brief, through the design and development stage, to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final manufacture and implementation.
• Create and validate mechanical system/module/components taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, quality, cost etc.)
• Drive the execution of mechanical development project/activities
• Support test manual definition for components/modules
• Develop designs & system and validate through calculation / simulation modelling (CAE, MBD) and prototype/experimental testing
• Participate in system/module/components definition and its reviews, ensuring standardization & modularization approach
• Participate in supplier evaluation and selection
• Monitor and commission changes to plant and systems (PLM, …) and support part/product approval
• Supply all technical input for product literature, BOM, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• Support technical leader on project deliveries / documentation / planning / protos
• Ensure strong relationship with all functions in the organization
• Drive proper external networking
• The function as technical leader can be assigned in agreement with the employee
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Mechanical engineering degree (master’s degree and/or specialization degree is a plus).
• Minimum 5 years work experience in engineering.
• Proven experience on injection molded and/or metal stamped component design.
• Product management and product development experience
• Proficient on CAD (CATIA is a plus).
• Knowledge on data management PLM system (Teamcenter is a plus).
• Management skills
• Familiar with Six Sigma methodology applicable to product engineering (DOE planning, statistical tools, sample planning, etc.).
• Familiar with FMEA methodology.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.