Senior Development Engineer
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Mechanical Development Engineer will be responsible for new projects or current production improvements from the initial brief, through the design and development stage, to the testing of one or more prototypes, right through to final manufacture and implementation.
- Responsible for creating mechanical design solutions to meet specification requirements (technical and performance specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
- Follow interface guidelines defined by modular book and platform roadmap.
- Responsible for component design from conceptualization to industrialization.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining 3D and 2D models in CAD.
- Responsible for defining test plan to assess and certify design robustness and adherence to specifications (collaborating with Development Lab and Quality organizations).
- Drive analysis of technical solutions collaborating with suppliers, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and other involved functions.
- Support component and product approval process: define components critical dimensions and critical characteristics; interpret inspection results and provide disposition (approve/reject/accommodate); support M&E on tooling approval process; support quality on first sample approval process (P-PAP).
- Support the Regional Product Care team on cost and quality improvement activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical engineering degree (master’s degree and/or specialization degree is a plus).
- Minimum 5 years work experience in engineering.
- Proved experience on injection molded and/or metal stamped component design.
- Proficient on CAD (CATIA is a plus).
- Proficient on data management PLM system (Teamcenter is a plus).
- Proficient on geometrical product specifications and tolerance analysis (GD&T).
- Familiar with Six Sigma methodology applicable to product engineering (DOE planning, statistical tools, sample planning, etc.).
- Familiar with FMEA methodology.