Senior Development Engineer
Challenge the way we engineer our next home appliances products. For the better.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preservation site in Susegana (TV) only 1 hour distance from Venice, where we are undergoing multimillion industry 4.0 investment.
Here you will interact with different functions of the organization such as R&D, Quality, Supply Chain and Product line with the common goal to help Group Purchasing Organization to shape the refrigeration of the future.
We are a strong team of highly skilled engineers who work on the most innovative product development solutions.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer passionate about Mechanical Design and Product Development, who would challenge the way we do engineering and develop complete appliances technical solutions using cutting edge technology.
You will apply technology solutions to develop and integrate new products/modules/systems and current product improvements by generation, evaluation, analysis and development of Design concepts.
Join us in our ambition to redesign the future of our free-standing refrigerators putting our customer’s experience at the core of our global innovative solutions.
Embrace a diverse international team.
Gain exposure to a global R&D major appliances world.
Travel internationally… and revolutionize the way we do and improve things for the better!
• Create and validate new mechanical components / system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, …)
• Design creation and release of mechanical components / systems within time frame, cost target, quality level, process constrains, …
• Robust design tools using (CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFMA, tolerances analysis, Six Sigma…)
• Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, factory, and other involved functions
• Understand, change, and create component / system design specifications / requirement / guideline.
• Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fit into the platform and subsystem structure
• Part and product approval: understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production
• Define and implement new mechanical features and functionality design
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of experience in similar roles within structured or multinational companies.
• Strong knowledge in mechanical component and system development and design
• Strong CAE knowledge (mainly FEM structural).
• Knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred)
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, molding, …).
• Experience in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus
• Basic knowledge of stamping tooling.
• Intermediate experience as plastic injection tooling design is preferred
• Fluent spoken and written English language.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com