Senior Development Engineer-Global Components
*Strong Candidate Identified*
Participate in the development of the Global Compressor strategy ensuring that the North America market is represented and aligned. This includes the development of new technology “module” refrigeration cooling system projects and component validation process ensuring only validated components are installed into essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support North America New Product Development by providing validated compressors along with engineering print releases.
- Create, release and maintain all North America drawings and component approval reports.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be
complimentedwith an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Participate in competitive teardowns to map and communicate the state of the market as it relates to compressors and cooling system technologies.
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized designs
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage
- Utilize Electrolux cooling system energy tool simulation to determine results and
- Direct the support of supplier relationships providing the right level of technical support to meet the needs of all North American projects requiring new compressor development.
- Understands, changes and creates component / system design specifications / requirements / guidelines. Identifies and supports standardization by ensuring that new developments fit into the platform and subsystem structure. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve the design & development of product components. Relying on specialist knowledge and experience in one or more
areas,provides input and active contribution to the development and execution of projects, solves complex problems, takes a new perspective using existing solutions or identifying innovative ones.
- Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. Leads interaction with cross-functional teams, external bodies
anduniversities, acts as a technical reference for one region or into a wider team internationally.
- University degree or equivalent through acquired technical knowledge
- Strong related project management leadership experience
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from different groups of managers and employees
- Team oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency with computer and PC software such as spreadsheets (Microsoft
excel), word processing (Microsoft Word), graphics, and presentations (Microsoft Power point)
- High emotional intelligence required to interact with suppliers to deliver technical requirements to the supply base while having access to sensitive company information
- Experience interacting and/or leading projects within a global matrixed structure
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, project management or related field
- Comprehensive understanding of both refrigeration sealed system components as well as their interaction within the whole system