Senior Development Engineer - Insulation
Support the Leader of Thermal Insulation Domain in developing PU systems for refrigerators and freezers specifically designed for North American plants, according to the projects identified for the sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the technology domain leader in planning activity with suppliers of PU chemicals.
- Collaborate with the manager of the PU Foam lab of Anderson in carrying-out development activities
- Support the model workshop in the production of prototypes of new models taking care of
PU foaming step.
- Arrange, with process laboratories of the North American plants, industrial trials to qualify new materials and new suppliers.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering in the validation and implementation of new
technologies for PU foaming process.
- Development of PU systems that will deliver all requirements related to performance and fit feel and finish of the refrigerators and doors.
- Collaborate with all functions during implementation of PU systems in manufacturing environment (Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, R&D, Architecture leadership and others).
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or technical field with four or more years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong related project management leadership experience
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from different groups of managers and employees
- Team oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency with computer and PC software such as spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), word processing (Microsoft Word), graphics, and presentations (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- High emotional intelligence required to interact with suppliers to deliver technical requirements to the supply base while having access to sensitive company information
- Comprehensive understanding of both refrigeration sealed system components as well as their interaction within the whole system