Senior Development Engineer, Multi-Door Architecture
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Technical Leader for New Product Introduction projects (NPIs) for the Multi-Door Refrigeration Architecture.
- Lead research and development resources for the development of new Frigidaire, Electrolux, and OEM models.
- Development includes technical solutions of projects through product lifecycle, including: scoping, designing from concept to final release to production using 3d CAD (Catia V5) software, creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, and introduction to the market.
- Oversee and support the development of components and assemblies for different areas of the refrigerator product including consumer facing structures: doors, cooling system, cabinet structure, shelves, crispers, and others.
- Responsible for aligning engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.
- Deliver the development of components and systems that are patent cleared and ensure that novel technical innovations are published and protected to leverage competitive advantage.
- Work with direct material cost and capex estimation for project financial viability analysis.
- Provide support during a project to create the technical product documentation following the Electrolux Project Management process, that are required for project execution, such as technical specifications, DFA (Design for Assembly) reports, DFMEA (Design Failure and Effect Analysis), PSRA (Product Safety and Risk Assessment) and other required development tools for robust engineering solution taking into account automated manufacturing, ergonomic considerations and error proofing.
- Provide R&D proposals and data resources for Product Line and Industrial Design Teams to support project scope and design intent definition.
- Support Project Management Team to define proper project time plan viability. Follow development workflows, in a check point project environment with milestones and specific deliverables.
- Lead the preparation and provide documentation for Agency product certification with CSA, UL, AHAM, and others. Work with Systems Engineering and R&D Labs to define the project test plan and required tests resources.
- Pilot build (FFP (Fully Functional Prototype), DVT (Design Verification Test), and MVT (Manufacturing Verification Test)) planning and execution to provide units for lab test, field tests, engineering concept validation, and manufacturability validation.
- Create engineering documentation or approve documentation created by others that are required to manufacture quality products as 3D models, part drawings, assembly drawings and other specifications.
- Support lab technicians and engineers to test components, assemblies and products to validate engineering specifications.
- Ensure the timely preparation and execution of engineering project documentation such as ECRs (engineering change request) ECNs (engineering change notice), BOMs (bill of materials), DVR (design verification report) plans and results, and other documentation.
- Plan and execute BOM changes for a proper phase in/ phase out without components shortages or obsolescence. Evaluate and interpret test data and model simulations to support decisions for design changes and corrections.
- Design and work together with Industrial Engineering to put in production components made by industrial processes such as plastic injection molding, automated metal stamping and roll-forming, extrusion, thermoforming, and foam injection.
- Work with cross-functional project teams including Product Line, Design, Purchasing, Logistics and Materials Planning, Quality, and others.
- File intellectual property submission, publication, and receive patent issuances.
- Candidate must have a Bachelors or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of 3 years of development experience in home appliance industry.
- Must have experience: creating mechanical components, assemblies and drawings from concept to final release to production with Catia V5 CAD software; designing for automated metal stamping and roll-forming, plastic injection molding, thermoforming, and extrusion; generating engineering documentations/specifications, and testing components, assemblies, and products to validate those specifications; designing consumer facing structures and systems to prescribed specifications; designing for automated manufacturing, ergonomic considerations, and error proofing ;applying engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation; with intellectual property submission, publication, and patent issuances; aligning engineering and marketing objectives, with those of a business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.