Senior Development Engineer- Sourced Products
Participate in the sourcing and qualification of essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop technical qualification of products including: creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market and post launch value engineering plans.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective contribution in collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related technical AS Degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, execute, and report test plans and results
- Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met.
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical structures, including components and systems that are consumer facing to prescribed engineering and aesthetic specifications.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
- Demonstrated innovation for competitive advantage, through intellectual property submission, publication, and issued patents.
- Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.
- Communication skills to serve as an agent of collaborative innovation, and quality improvement
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% per year
- Catia CAD software experience
- Experience qualifying materials and components
- Materials and/or chemical laboratory experience