Senior Electromechanical Engineer
ELECTROLUX FOOD PREPARATION GLOBAL R&D PRESENTS Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
SENIOR ELECTROMECHANICAL ENGINEER – Forlí (Italy)
The Electromechanical Senior Engineer is part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation.
Responsible for the design & development of existing electromechanical components and creation & validation of new components. Additionally analyses technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other functions. Works autonomously, following established procedures and guidelines to contribute to improvement. Solves a range of straightforward to complex problems.
A typical day at work
• Drive and manage EM sub-system projects related to:
o Quality improvement
o Cost Out
o Complexity Reduction (Standardization)
o New Feature request
• Design development in collaboration with supplier (e.g. DFMEA, CSRA, Supplier Audit, etc.)
• Collect component specification from different stakeholders (e.g. Platform R&D, Quality, IP, Manufacturing, etc.)
• Creation and maintenance of EM component:
o component supply specification
o design guideline
o IP database
o cost model
• Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight
• Curious. You have an endless desire to always improve projects and to get better at what you do.
• Proactive. You value being one step ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are keys for making projects run smoothly.
• Flexible. You quickly adapt to the changing environment.
Education & Experience
• Master degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
• 3- 7 years experience
• Strong knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development and design
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Basic knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Good English written and oral
• Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Able to discuss any proposals fact based
• The following skills are considered as a plus:
• Experience as technical project leader (or PMP)
• Experience in Value management and Design for Assembling and Manufacturing