Senior Electromechanical Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of existing electromechanical components and creation and validation of new components. Additionally, analyses technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other functions. The Electromechanical Senior Engineer is part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation and works autonomously, following established procedures and guidelines to contribute to improvement. Solves a range of straightforward to complex problems.
- Drive and manage EM sub-system projects related to: Quality improvement, Cost Out, Complexity Reduction (Standardization) and New Feature request
- Design development in collaboration with supplier (e.g. DFMEA, CSRA, Supplier Audit, etc.)
- Collect component specification from different stakeholders (e.g. Platform R&D, Quality, IP, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Creation and maintenance of EM component: catalogue, component supply specification, design guideline, roadmap, IP database and cost models
- Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering required, Master's degree preferred
- Strong experience with MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project
- Experience and knowledge of a 2D/3D design tool (CATIA V5 is preferred)
- Experience and knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development and design
- Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
- Experience as technical project leader (or PMP) a plus
- Experience in Value management and Design for Assembling and Manufacturing a plus