Senior Electromechanical Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of existing electromechanical components and the creation and validation of new components. Additionally, the analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, the factory, and other functions. The Electromechanical Senior Engineer is part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation and works autonomously, following established procedures and guidelines to contribute to improvement. This person will also solve a range of straightforward to complex problems.
- Drive and manage EM sub-system projects related to: Quality improvement, Cost Out, Complexity Reduction (Standardization), and New Feature request.
- Design development in collaboration with supplier (e.g. DFMEA, CSRA, Supplier Audit, etc.).
- Collect component specification from different stakeholders (e.g. Platform R&D, Quality, IP, Manufacturing, etc.).
- Creation and maintenance of EM component: catalogue, component supply specification, design guideline, roadmap, IP database, and cost models.
- Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic engineering.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading development activity for electromechanical parts.
- Experience and knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development, and design.
- Experience and knowledge of a 2D/3D design tool (CATIA V5 is preferred) or 3D CAD software.
- Experience as technical project leader (or PMP) is a plus.
- Experience in Value management and Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries, preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and MS Project.