Senior Electromechanical Engineer (m/w/d)
Look for opportunity. Bring it to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The Electromechanical Senior Engineer is part of the CX Area Taste - Food Preparation, Electrical Domain
Responsible for the design & development of existing electromechanical components and creation & validation of new components – tubular heating elements.
Additionally analyses technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other functions. Works autonomously, following established procedures and guidelines to contribute to improvement. Solves a range of straightforward to complex problems.
• Drive and manage EM sub-system projects related to:
- Quality improvement
- Cost Out
- Complexity Reduction (Standardization)
- New Feature request
• Design development in collaboration with supplier (e.g. DFMEA, CSRA, Supplier Audit, etc.)
• Collect component specification from different stakeholders (e.g. Platform R&D, Quality, IP, Manufacturing, etc.)
• Creation and maintenance of EM component:
- component supply specification
- design guideline
- IP database
- cost model
• Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight
• Master degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
• 3-7 years’ experience, ideally coming from a multinational company and multicultural environment
• Good knowledge of a 2D/3D design tool (CATIA V5 is preferred)
• Strong knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development and design
• Strong structured engineering approach during each development phase
• Good knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas
• Able to present and discuss any proposals fact based
• Fluent English written and oral, German is good to have
• Experience as technical project leader (or PMP) and/or in Value management and Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is considered as a good advantage
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
What to learn more about what drives us? Watch this video about how at Electrolux we reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xELrrVk19tw
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.